21 Nov Tempeh Taco Pizza
Who is ready for some pizza?
This tempeh taco pizza is full of flavour! It’s fresh and satisfying.
Let’s dig in.
This pizza was inspired by tempeh. The other day I went to the grocery store and for the first time they had tempeh! I was beyond happy. Tempeh is one of my favourite soy products. Be sure to buy organic whenever you buy something made with soy.
Tempeh is fermented soybeans that create an interesting and oh so satisfying texture. Since it is fermented there are probiotic benefits while consuming tempeh which include increased immunity, reduced inflammation, and improve digestion. It has been found to lower cholesterol, increase bone density, and reduce menopausal systems. It is full of protein and some of the B vitamins.
Moving on to the actual recipe. We start with a delicious garlicky cashew cream sauce. Then we add black beans and seasoned tempeh. Bake and top with fresh ingredients!
I also added a large dollop of guacamole and homemade sour cream.
Ready to serve and enjoy.
This pizza is:
If you try this recipe leave a comment and rate it below. Feel free to share a picture with me on Instagram #gillianelizab3th.
- (300-400g) pizza dough
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder*
- 1 garlic clove*
- ½ cup cashews, soaked and drained
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup water
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup tempeh, crumbled
- 2-3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup black beans
- Chopped tomato
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced black olives
- ½ cup guacamole
- Sour cream, to garnish
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly flour a pizza stone.
- Roll out your dough on the pizza stone until the crust is about 12 inches in diameter.
- Next, prepare the cheese sauce by placing all of the cheese sauce ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon the cheese sauce onto the prepared dough and spread evenly, about an inch away from the edges of the dough.
- After this mix the tempeh, taco seasoning, and black beans. Sprinkle on the top of the pizza.
- Cook the pizza in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the pizza is in the oven prepare your other ingredients.
- When the pizza is done cooking place your other ingredients on top. Add ingredients according to your own preferences.
- Allow the pizza to cool for 5 minutes before eating.