07 Aug Taco Salad
When I was growing up Taco Salad was a semi-regular dish during the summer months. Of course, I always looked forward to it. I thought I would recreate this dish in my own way. This taco salad is dairy-free, gluten-free, super easy to make, and versatile. This can be made raw if you leave out the corn chips.
To begin, I placed the prepared lettuce in the bottom of a big bowl. Next, I added the walnut taco meat, tomato, corn, black beans, sliced black olives, corn chips, sour cream, cilantro, green onion, lime juice, avocado, and a side of salsa.
To eat, mix everything together in the bowl until it is a giant delicious deconstructed taco creation.
Feel free to alter this recipe to your liking!
You will love this taco salad if you’re looking for something that is:
Packed with flavour
& Easy to make
Instead of topping this taco salad with avocado slices you could top it with The Best Guacamole.
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know what you think of it, comment and rate it below. If you would like to share a picture with me tag @gillianelizab3th on Instagram. I love seeing what you guys create!
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, roughly chopped
- 1 ear fresh corn
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups chips
- Walnut Taco Meat:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Optional Toppings:
- Cashew sour cream*
- Green onion
- Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients.
- To make the walnut meat place all of the walnut taco meat ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender and pulse until crumbled.
- Toss all of the ingredients together to serve.