28 Jun Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
The other day I went strawberry picking. It is a yearly ritual my mom and I do, usually we make strawberry jam. Last summer I made two different refined sugar-free strawberry jam recipes. This year my mom made the jam and I used it to make this delicious strawberry vanilla cheesecake topped with chocolate ganache. This cheesecake is layered with strawberry jam followed by a vanilla-coconut cheesecake, chocolate ganache, and fresh strawberries.
As you may have guessed the feature ingredient of this week’s recipe is strawberries. Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C. They also contain a good amount of fibre, manganese, folate, and potassium. These nutritional properties help to improve your complexion, boost immune function, regulate normal tissue growth and cell function, as well as, regulate blood pressure. Energetically, this recipe will help to invite playfulness and sweetness back into your life.
This strawberry cheesecake is a perfect treat for this Canada Day weekend with its red and white theme!
This cheesecake is:
& So satisfying
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know what you think of it, comment and rate it below. If you would like to share a picture with me #gillianelizabeth on Instagram.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Medjool dates, soaked and strained
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- STRAWBERRY LAYER:
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter or coconut oil
- VANILLA COCONUT LAYER:
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked and strained
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- CHOCOLATE GANACH:
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries, to garnish
- Place all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and process until combined. Place the crust into a 9-inch spring form pan and press until evenly covered. Place in the freezer while you make the strawberry layer.
- To make the strawberry layer melt cacao butter or coconut oil in a medium-sized pot, then stir in the strawberry jam. Pour into the centre of the prepared crust spread evenly, be sure to leave a 1 inch gap between crust and the edge of the pan. Place the pan back in the freezer while working on the next later.*
- Blend all of the ingredients of the vanilla coconut layer in a high powdered blender until smooth and creamy. Spoon mixture on top of the other layers in the pan. Gently tap to release any air bubbles and allow the top to even out.
- Freeze for 5 hours (or overnight).
- Prepare the chocolate layer by placing the coconut milk in a medium-sized pot over medium-hight heat, heat until it begins to bubble. Stir in the coconut oil, to melt. Pour the hot milk mixture over the chocolate chunks. Let it sit for 5 minutes before stirring together until glossy and smooth. Stir in the vanilla, to incorporate.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and release the spring to remove the round siding. Pour warm or cooled ganache over the cake and top with strawberries. You may need to wait 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into pieces to serve.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.