25 Sep Strawberry & Pistachio Bundt Cake with Rose Glaze
There is a vegan doughnut shop about 45 minutes from my house. The first time I went there I got (a lot of doughnuts) but my favourite doughnut was the rose pistachio flavour.
I can’t even explain the level of satisfaction from this flavour combination.
Whenever I see anything with this flavour combo I have to try it.
Which is why I decided to create this strawberry and pistachio bundt cake with a rose glaze. Today my friends you are in for a unique and sweet dessert. I hope you enjoy it!
Pistachios are a member of the cashew family, not surprisingly they both soak and blend similarly to create beautiful sauces, icings, and glazes. Their naturally sweet flavour makes it the perfect addition to this strawberry bundt cake and base for the rose glaze. Pistachios, like all nuts, are a powerhouse of nutrients, specifically vitamin B6, protein, fatty acids, antioxidants, and phosphorus.
If you’re interested in learning more about the essence and benefits of rose click here.
Layers of strawberry slices throughout the cake will add a beautiful layered design as you cut into the cake. Folding in diced or sliced strawberries will work too!
You will love this bundt cake if you like cakes that are:
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know what you think of it, comment and rate it below. Save it to your Pinterest boards to save for later and share a picture with me on Instagram @gillianelizab3th.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, about 1 lemon
- ½ cup coconut oil, soft or melted
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ cups maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup raw pistachios, chopped
- 1½ cups strawberries, diced or sliced*
- Rose Glaze:
- ¼ cup coconut cream**
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pistachios, soaked and strained
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt cake pan, tap out excess flour and set aside.
- Using your fingers, rub the lemon zest and coconut sugar together in a large mixing bowl until fragrant. Then add the coconut oil and mix together using an electric mixer, until fluffy. Next, add the apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and non-dairy milk until combined.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Then whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries* and pistachios, be sure not to over-mix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top layer.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Prepare the rose glaze by placing all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Hold a spoon with glaze a few inches over the cake and pour, or carefully pour out of the blender onto the cooled cake. While the glaze is still wet sprinkle toppings over the cake.
**Chill can of full-fat coconut milk overnight, and use just the hard white cream layer for this recipe.