24 Jan Raw Vegan Cookie Dough
This 7-ingredient raw cookie dough recipe is a delicious treat to eat for any meal of the day. You can also use it as a dip or stirred into banana nice cream.
This cookie dough recipe features:
Chickpeas. Full of protein, fibre, manganese, and folate. Chickpeas make the perfect grain-free flour replacement in this recipe because they add extra nutrients and create a creamy textured dough.
Maca root powder. This superfood has a naturally nutty-vanilla taste which perfectly blends into this recipe. High in minerals; calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, as well as carbohydrates and amino acids. A teaspoon a day is all you need.
It is an adaptogenic herb. Adaptogens help a person’s body to adapt! It’s especially important to add to your diet due to the high estrogen levels in our environment being consumed through plastics and tap water. Adaptogens help balance hormones, boost energy and immune system, support managing a healthy weight, increase physical endurance and mental focus, and encourage a balanced mood. Whats not to love?
And last but not least, mini chocolate chips… because, chocolate, duh. In this recipe I’ve used Enjoy Life’s mini chocolate chips that are dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
I would love to know if you make this recipe, share it with me on Instagram by tagging @gillianelizab3th.
- 1 (398 ml) can chickpeas*
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maca root powder**
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Drain the chickpeas over a bowl, reserve the aquafaba liquid to use in another recipe within the next 5 days.***
- Rinse chickpeas well, pat dry, and place in a food processor.
- Next, add the nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, maca root powder, and salt to the food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
**If you don't have maca powder you can leave it out.
***Recipe to use your aquafaba can be found at the bottom of this post.
Recipe to use your leftover aquafaba: