13 Dec Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
Growing up I never liked Brussels sprouts. Well, to my surprise, the other day this recipe idea popped into my head. I questioned it as I have never made Brussels sprouts before because of my strong aversion to these miniature cabbages. I was happy I went through with this recipe and I’m sure you will be too.
You can enjoy this beautiful dish as an appetizer, snack, or side to your holiday meal. This dish features:
All of these ingredients are beneficial for the cardiovascular system, improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and boost your immune system. These maple glazed Brussels sprouts with cranberries are great if you’re looking to bring balance to your root or heart chakra.
There are numerous studies on PubMed revealing the benefits of Brussels sprouts in relation to cancer. This is because this vegetable encourages proper elimination of toxins from the body, as well as providing your body with antioxidants thus reducing inflammation in the body. Not surprisingly the main types of cancer prevention associated with the consumption of Brussels sprouts are: bladder, breast, colon, lung, prostate, and ovarian cancer.
This dish is:
Crispy on the outside
Tender on the inside
I love how simple and quick this recipe is. It takes just 23 minutes and 6 ingredients from start to finish to create this sweet and slightly tart dish.
If you try this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment and rating it below. Share a picture with me on Instagram by using #gillianelizabeth. Enjoy!
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed, outer leaves removed
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup raw shelled pistachios, chopped
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Halve any large Brussels sprouts.
- Add brussels sprouts and cranberries to a mixing bowl. Mix together with the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot add the mixture to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Cook uncovered for 3 more minutes, stirring as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, sprinkle with pistachios.