24 Jan How to Make Croutons
Homemade croutons are incredibly easy and super delicious (especially in comparison to the rock like option of prepackaged croutons). These croutons are lightly browned and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Only one bowl and 15 minutes to make! Enjoy these croutons with any soup or salad. Sourdough bread is the best bread to use for croutons, other options include ciabatta or boule.
We begin by cubing the bread and tossing with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and any herbs of your liking.
Bake until light brown and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
These croutons are:
& Perfectly seasoned.
I’d love to know if you tried this recipe by leaving a comment below and sharing it on Instagram. Tag your photos with #gillianelizabeth.
- 5 slices sourdough bread*
- 2 T olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon thyme or rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Place cubes in a medium sized bowl. Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to coat.
- Place coated bread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days.