14 Mar Garlic Herb Bread
This garlic herb bread was inspired by the bread served on two of the days while I was away at a Vipassana meditation retreat. It is super easy, requiring only 4 ingredients, 1 bowl and 20 minutes! It is chewy on the inside and toasted to golden perfection on the outside.
This recipe features:
Oregano & Garlic
Oregano relieves blockages and opens the heart chakra. Not surprisingly, it reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Energetically, it then moves into and strengthens the central nervous system, thymus, and endocrine glands. Oregano helps to detoxify the body, increase immunity, speed up the metabolism, and energize the body, allowing your energy to flow fluidly throughout the body.
Garlic helps to release blockages in the solar plexus chakra caused by fear, anger, or stress while opening the mind to give you clarity. Garlic is high in manganese, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C. Manganese helps to regulate glucose metabolism, improve digestion, boost vitamin absorption, alleviate PMS symptoms, and more! Garlic helps to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and improve athletic performance.
This garlic and herb bread is:
Chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside
This recipe is a great compliment to soup, chili, salad, or any other main dish.
If you give this recipe a try, share it with me on Instagram by tagging your picture with #gillianelizabeth! If you love this recipe leave a comment and rate it below.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- optional: pink Himalayan salt, thyme, and rosemary to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the bread into 1½-inch thick slices.
- Place the bread slices in a large bowl. Add olive oil, chopped oregano, minced garlic, and optional toppings.
- Mix together with hands to cover completely.
- Spread seasoned bread slices evenly on a prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until crispy and golden.