23 Oct Flavourful Roasted Cauliflower
It is almost Halloween.
I got a little creative and festive for the season so I decided to make this flavourful roasted cauliflower head.
Did you know? Cauliflower contains a little bit of almost every single essential vitamin and mineral.
It is a super versatile vegetable that is great to add to your diet for extra nutrients. If you need some recipe inspiration, check out these Sweet and Spicy Cauliflower Wings, this delicious oil and dairy-free Alfredo, or this classic Macaroni and Cheese. I also talk more about the benefits and the essence of cauliflower in these posts if you are interested in reading more about that.
You will love this flavourful roasted cauliflower head! It is:
This dish is extremely easy to make! You prepare it and then wait for it to roast in the oven. During this time you can prepare other food if you would like to include this as part of a main dish. I recommend serving this roasted cauliflower over cooked rice, couscous, or potatoes. It would also pair well with a cheese sauce or gravy. You can also serve it on its own as an appetizer.
- 1 large cauliflower head
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Rinse and dry the head of the cauliflower and carefully cut off the bottom stalk without removing too much of the core. You want the entire head intact for baking. Peel away any remaining green leaves and place in a baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
- Place the cauliflower head in the baking dish, stem side down.
- Pour and rub olive oil on top of the cauliflower.
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary together. Rub on the cauliflower head.
- Pour the water in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on your desired texture. Every 20 minutes spoon mixture from the baking tray to the cauliflower head, to baste.