08 Feb DIY Shimmer Body Oil – Apricot Vanilla
It’s February. Also known as the love month. Last year I celebrated Valentine’s day by going on a silent retreat. This year I’m nurturing my self-love with flowers, baths, naps, and luxurious natural beauty like this body oil.
This delicious apricot and vanilla scented DIY shimmer body oil will make you feel carefree, warm, and joyous. It’s hints of wild orange give it a candy like sweetness. This body oil can also be put into an atomizer for a hydrating and chemical free perfume. Or warmed and used for self massage.
Apricot oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids which nourish and restore vitality in the skin. This is a light oil which is quickly absorbed into the skin which prevents blockage of pores.
Mica is actually a crystal (mineral) and gives this body oil a soft natural looking shimmer. One of the more well known forms of mica is Lepidolite.
This body oil should be stored in a dark cabinet. It will keep longer if it is stored in a dark bottle.
This DIY body oil is:
If you like this recipe, leave a comment below and share a picture with me on Instagram @gillianelizab3th. I love seeing what you come up with!
- 300 mL apricot oil
- 5 drops wild orange essential oil
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon gold mica powder
- Place vanilla bean in your 300ml (or bigger) bottle (or atomizer).
- Pour the apricot oil, essential oil, and mica in afterwards.
- Seal container, shake to combine, and allow to infuse in the sunlight for 2 to 3 weeks, to allow the vanilla notes to intensify.
- Strain vanilla bean. Keep the remaining oil in an air tight container and use as you desire to hydrate and add a fresh scent to your skin.
- Will keep for several months in a cool, dark place.