19 Jun Dairy-Free Mango Lassi
The other day I walked to the grocery store in the morning and there was a ton of produce on the reduced rack! Including the five mangoes below.
Since it’s summer here and it’s nice to have a cooling drink I decided to get the mangoes and make a dairy-free mango lassi. Traditionally, a lassi is a yoghurt-based drink from India. In this lassi recipe I substituted the yoghurt with unsweetened dairy-free yoghurt and coconut milk.
Mango is one of the highly pigmented foods I talked about that helps to nourish and protect the skin in the sun. It’s no coincidence that this fruit is also extremely cooling for the body and is preferred in the summer. It’s a rich source of Vitamin C, and offers a wide array of other nutrients that benefit the body. Mangoes help to maintain a healthy weight, prevent cancer, manage diabetes, slow the aging process of the skin, reduce acne, increase alkalinity in the body, promote a healthy pregnancy, and improve brain health. I could go on about the benefits but I won’t because I want you to try this recipe for yourself and see how you feel.
The biggest thing I noticed within my own energy after consuming this drink is the alignment it created to move towards what I truly want. It’s a powerful fruit to become aware of and utilize your inherit abilities and live to your full potential.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Optional: handful of ice cubes
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Add all of the ingredients into a high speed blender starting with the ice, then the sugar, cardamom powder, mango, yogurt, and lastly, the milk.
- Blend on high for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with fresh mint, and enjoy!