14 Dec Cranberry Cheesecake Infused with Rosemary
Last Christmas my aunt told me that one of her nieces made a cranberry cheesecake infused with rosemary. This sounded like the most intriguing and delightful recipe. Naturally, I reserved this recipe idea in my mind until exactly a year later to make just in time for Christmas. I hope you enjoy this cranberry cheesecake just as much as I do.
This recipe features:
Did you know? Cranberries grow as a shrub, requiring wet, boggy, acidic, soil to grow.
Cranberries are full of antioxidants, they help in the prevention of cataracts, macular degeneration, and they are used in the treatment and prevention of UTIs because they prevent bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract.
Rosemary helps with increasing your digestive fire. What a perfect ingredient to add to your holiday dessert.
I added orange to my cranberry cheesecake to brighten the flavour but this is completely optional.
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know what you think of it, comment and rate it below. If you would like to share a picture with me #gillianelizabeth on Instagram.
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained*
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1-2 drops orange essential oil**
- Optional Toppings:
- Orange slices
- Fresh rosemary sprig
- In a food processor, process all of the crust ingredients until a thick crumbled mixture forms.
- Transfer the base mixture into a 9″ springform pan and press evenly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Place all of the cheesecake filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cake pan from the freezer and scoop the filling on top of the base layer. Spread evenly and tap the pan to release any air bubbles.
- Decorate with any of the optional toppings and place in the freezer to set for 5 hours (or overnight). Allow the cake to thaw for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Store any leftovers in the freezer.
**This is optional although it helps brighten the flavour.
What are you favourite holiday desserts? Maybe you can find a recipe for one of them below.