15 May Coconut Cashew Fudge
When I mentioned that I was making fudge in my house everyone assumed that it was going to be chocolate. Surprise! I decided to make a dessert without chocolate this time. Today I’m sharing this coconut cashew fudge recipe. It’s super dreamy so prepare yourself for this one.
This recipe is super simple. You begin by placing all of the ingredients into a food processor, process until smooth and creamy, pour into a loaf pan, top with coconut flakes, chill, and they are ready to eat!
This coconut cashew fudge recipe features cashews.
Cashews are a type of nut belonging to the Anacardiaceae family. The nuts stick to the bottom of the cashew apple. The nuts contain a large amount of vital nutrients including copper, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and some selenium and vitamin B6. Cashews have been shown to boost the immune system, delay signs of aging, improve skin complexion, prevent sun damage, promote hair growth, maintain bone health, maintain muscle tone, lower the risk of the formation of gallstones, and promote the formation of red blood cells which decreases the risk of anemia.
Ashwagandha (also known as Indian Ginseng, Poison Gooseberry, Winter Cherry, and Padalsingh) is an adaptogenic herb which can be used to build the immune system and develop strength. Adaptogens are amazing supplements to include into your diet because they work just as they sound, they help you to adapt! Thus, they are very helpful for creating balance in the body from our busy and toxic lives. They help to relieve stress, negate the effects of environmental pollution, balance fluctuating hormones, and more.
MSM is helpful in enriching the body with youthfulness. I have written more about the benefits of MSM in the blog titled Newest Addition to My Pantry: MSM.
All of the ingredients in this recipe promote a fluidity and vitality within the body which enhance creativity and sexual energy.
This fudge is:
& Melt-in-your-mouth delicious
If you’re into fudge try this Raw Vegan Chocolate Spirulina Fudge recipe!
If you try this recipe leave a review below and share a photo with me @gillianelizab3th on Instagram.
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- ½ teasoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon ashwaghanda + ½ teaspoon MSM
- Optional toppings:
- Crushed cashews
- Coconut flakes
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients, including optional ingredients if you are using them, into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as needed to completely mix the ingredients together.
- Pour this mixture into your prepared loaf pan. Gently shake side to side or tap on a hard surface to release any air pockets. Spread the top into an even layer.
- Add optional toppings if you choose to, gently pat them into the mixture to stay.
- Place your loaf pan (on an even surface) into the freezer for about 45 minutes, or until firm. Slice into squares with a hot knife into your desired sized pieces.