31 Oct Cauliflower Mac ‘n’ Cheese (Vegan)
This cauliflower mac ‘n’ cheese comes together in just about 15 minutes!
It’s perfect for lunch or dinner to warm up on these chilly autumn days. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free and only requires 12 ingredients. Lets get started…
We begin by cooking the onions and garlic in vegetable broth.
No oil necessary!
Then, we add the cauliflower and sweet potato to simmer.
Next, we add the cooked veggies, cashews, spices, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Equals delicious cheese sauce.
Then you mix the delicious cauliflower cheese sauce with the cooked noodles and your mac ‘n’ cheese is ready to serve!
If you try this recipe leave a comment and rate it below. Don’t forget to take a picture and share it with me by tagging #gillianelizab3th.
- 3 cups dry quinoa or rice noodles
- ½ onion, chopped*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ head (medium sized) cauliflower, roughly chopped
- ¾ cups sweet potato, roughly chopped
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons grainy dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: fresh chives, brazil nut parmesan
- Sautéed onion and garlic in a teaspoon of vegetable broth over medium-high. Add vegetable broth as needed until onions become translucent.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add cauliflower, sweet potato, and remaining vegetable broth. Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes, until soft.
- While the mixture is cooking, cook pasta noodles according to package directions.
- To prepare the cheese sauce, place lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, paprika, cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt/pepper into a high powered blender.
- When the cauliflower mixture is done cooking pour it into the blender with the other ingredients. Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Place drained noodles into a bowl and pour cheese sauce over the noodles. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Voila!