17 Jan Banana Cream Chia Oats
These banana cream Chia oats are the first thing I made in the New Year. OMG they are so good that I decided to re-create it and share it with you today.
This Chia oat recipe is super simple. It takes under 20 minutes to make and requires just 10 basic ingredients. Perfect for any morning.
While the oatmeal is cooking you blend a few natural ingredients to create a sugar-free, dairy-free banana custard/pudding.
Slice up some bananas. Layer in a cup and you’re ready to eat!
I hope you all love this Chia oat recipe! It’s:
If you try this hearty oatmeal take on the traditional banana cream pie let me know. 🙂
Leave a comment below, rate it, and share a picture with me on Instagram by tagging @gillianelizab3th. I love seeing what you come up with!
- CHIA OATS
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup rolled oats*
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- BANANA CREAM
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 banana, sliced, to layer
- Coconut whipped cream, to top
- Optional: Toasted coconut flakes, to top
- Begin cooking your oats by bringing coconut milk and cinnamon to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, add a pinch of salt, oats, and chia seeds. Cook on medium, stirring occasionally until the oats are tender and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- While the oats are cooking, add bananas, coconut milk, and vanilla to a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the banana mixture into the top of a double broiler over medium heat. Whisk in the tapioca starch. Continue whisking until the banana mixture has thickened into a custard like texture.
- If you don't have any coconut whipped cream on hand make that now as well (link to recipe in post).
- Once the chia oats are finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup.
- Layer oats, custard, and sliced banana in a cup to serve. Top with coconut whipped cream, a few banana slices, and optional toasted coconut.
- Serves 1-2 people depending on how hungry you are.