27 Nov 1-Bowl Peanut Butter Rosebud Cookies
Who doesn’t love a peanut butter and chocolate combo?
Personally, it’s one of my absolute favourites! Comment below and let me know your favourite chocolate pairings.
These cookies are pretty easy to make. To begin we make a version of peanut butter cookies. Then we roll the dough into balls through the cane sugar to ‘frost’ them. To finish we top each cookie with a chocolate rosebud.
I received these rosebuds as a gift from a specialty chocolate store. If you can’t find a a good dairy-free chocolate topping I would suggest doing a chocolate drizzle after the cookies have baked and cooled (then freeze them to set). Use this recipe and a piping bag for a chocolate ganache drizzle.
Did you know? Peanuts are a legume, not a nut. They are particularly unusual because they grow underground while the top blossoms.
Peanuts contain antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein. They’re particularly high in manganese, niacin, and vitamin E. They’re also very high in MUFA’s also known as monounsaturated fatty acids. This type of fat actually helps keep the heart healthy.
Peanuts can contain the carcinogen aflatoxin which is produced by mold. So be mindful about picking a quality natural peanut butter. If you’re really concerned about this then feel free to switch the peanut butter for another seed or nut butter.
These peanut butter rosebud cookies are:
These cookies make the perfect decorative treat for any winter or spring holiday.
- 1¾ cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ cup cane sugar, plus more for rolling
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba*
- 36 dairy-free rosebuds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the ingredients (aside from the rose buds) into a stand mixing bowl.
- Mix everything until combined.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Set the balls aside on a lined baking tray.
- Roll each ball in cane sugar and then place back on lined baking tray. Give 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Immediately top each cookie with one rosebud, press down firmly so cookie cracks slightly around the edges.
- Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.**
**If you don't wait for the cookies to cool the chocolate will melt everywhere.